Holiday stuffing recipes from some of your favorite food bloggers. Explore both family recipe treasures handed down several generations and some nouveau creative spins on this American classic.
Are you mentally ready for the holidays? I’m just getting into the spirit now that the goblins and ghosts have fled our neighborhood and the signs of a cold, snowy Winter is looming. We had a wintry mix for a few minutes today in the valleys and the mountains have been kissed by the white stuff. Bring on ski season is what I’m thinking.
Below is an endearing collection of stuffing recipes to get you in the holiday mood. Some of these recipes have been handed down for several generations and others have a fresh twist on a classic traditional holiday recipe. Do you have a vintage family recipe that you would like to share?
Tips For A Better Stuffing
- Be careful of the seasoning. If using store-bought broth or bread crumbs, chances are there is already added salt. It can be easy to over salt this dish.
- If stuffing your turkey, chances are you will have leftover stuffing that can’t fit inside the bird. Mix the turkey stuffing with the leftover stuffing so that every bite will have those wonderful turkey juices.
- If using bread as your base, make sure to thoroughly dry out the bread before mixing the remaining ingredients. Bread that is not dry enough will yield soggy stuffing.
- Use broth with your stuffing, it will add flavor.
- Save oven space by cooking the stuffing in a crockpot.
- Make the stuffing the day before, save on time, oven space and stress:)
15 Stuffing Recipes From Dedicated Food Bloggers
#1 A Simple, Traditional Cheater Stuffing Recipe with Smoked Oysters, Pecans & Ham | Fusion Craftiness
Do you need fast & easy? This creative stuffing uses boxed stuffing and ups it up a notch with the use of smoked oysters, ham and pecans. Also learn 10 great tips for a less hectic Thanksgiving:)
Kale and gruyere are the stars of this stuffing recipe. Do you know the difference between stuffing and bread pudding? My Kitchen Love has the down low.
This amazing baked dressing is too good to save just for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Low carb? Bonus! I love everything about this dressing or stuffing.
Ciabatta and Italian meatballs add a great bite to the stuffing. This stuffing is easy and fast.
Fennel and wild rice makes this stuffing recipe especially nutty and bright.
Starting with high quality bread will give your stuffing the extra edge. The Rustic Foodie teams up with her favorite local bakery to resource her favorite breads.
Are you GF? No problem with this gluten free version. It’s a classic stuffing made with GF bread.
Pine nuts and almonds gives this stuffing recipe a Mediterranean flare.
Taste & See shares her family’s cornbread stuffing recipe that she made in college. Step-by-step pictures included, fool proof!
Fresh ingredients really stand out in this recipe made special with the addition of fresh cranberries, yum!
This article is about homemade bread crumbs of which you can easily make stuffing from. Great tips for the use of amazing bread crumbs included!
A classic stuffing recipe that should be in everyones recipe box.
A creative stuffing recipe with the addition of butternut squash and Italian sausage.
Fresh herbs and apples give this dressing a classic taste.
Explore Hillary’s great grandmother’s recipe for homemade chicken cornbread stuffing. This hearty side can be a main dish on it’s own and is great for any day of the year.
Wishing all the best this holiday season to you, your friends and your families.