A Lebanese veggie turnover with spinach, parsley, cilantro and onion all wrapped in biscuit dough. A Middle Eastern classic that can be an entree or an appetizer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
“Pull up a chair. Take a taste. Come join us. Life is so endlessly delicious.” – Ruth Reichl
My first experience with fatayer was when I made Beef Fatayer recently. It was such a hit with my family I ventured in to making the spinach version called Sabanekh Fatayer.
This veggie turnover is even easier than the Beef version. I used biscuit dough this time which was simpler than the pizza dough. They were in the correct shape already, I just had to press and roll thin. The filling is as simple as chopping herbs and mixing with egg, ricotta and salt & pepper. After baking, these little gems were ready. We ate them as entrees but they could be appetizers too.
How to make fatayer step by step.
Optional Dipping Sauces for Fatayer
- Toum Sauce – A garlicky Middle Eastern mayo.
- Tzatziki Sauce – A mediterranean classic yogurt sauce.
- Harissa – An everything sauce used for dipping, smearing, marinating etc.
- Apricot & Onion Chutney – A robust onion-y salsa from India.
- Creamy Jalapeno & Avocado Salsa – A popular creamy salsa from Texas.
More Middle Eastern Recipes
- Middle Eastern Kofta – Little, spicy meatloaves.
- Chicken Shawarma – A garlicky chicken wrap.
- Toum Sauce – A lebanese garlicky sauce for shawarmas, sandwiches and wraps.
- Muhammara Dip – A robust red pepper dip you can make in 5 minutes.
- Cilbur – A Turkish egg recipe.
- Aleppo Lamb and Potatoes – A great way to fry up some tasty lamb chops.
- Mana’eesh – A Middle Eastern flatbread.
- Moroccan Harira Soup – This wonderful soup will nourish your body and your spirit, a traditional Moroccan soup.
- Beef Fatayer – A Middle Eastern meat pie.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and comment below! Take a picture and tag us @FusionCraftiness #FusionCraftiness on Instagram for a chance to be featured in our Insta Stories:)