Easy Golden Indian Chutney recipe with bell peppers. Amp up your bland dinners with a spoonful of this goodness!
I used to think of Indian chutney as Indian salsa but unlike salsa, chutney has an infinite range of uses in the culinary world. Sadly, I have only discovered this today when reading about this amazing condiment I just made. Chutney! Where have you been all my life?
This endeavor wouldn’t be possible without the help from my spice dealer, Hiru from Three Sisters Indian Market. Her spice selection is a piece of heaven on earth in Utah Valley. She has hard-to-find spices I have trouble sourcing otherwise. She is very helpful and a great source of culinary information, especially if you are just starting to learn Indian cooking.
Besides spooning some chutney along side your Indian entrée, embrace these 7 ideas for incorporating some Indian goodness into your everyday life.
- Party snack- Spoon chutney over a block of cream cheese and serve with crackers or toasted baguette slices.
- Sandwich condiment- mix equal parts mayo and chutney and spread on bread, choose your favorite lunchmeat and cheese.
- Toasted craftiness- lightly toast sourdough in toaster. Remove and place on baking sheet. Spread chutney on toast and sprinkle shredded cheddar or any tangy, meltable cheese.
- Tempura dipping sauce- Combine a heaping tablespoon of chutney, 1 tablespoon Mirin, a dash of fresh ginger, 1 teaspoon soy sauce and 1/4 cup broth.
- Glaze- Blend chutney in food processor and add water if necessary to get a thinnish consistency and pour over pork roast.
- Chutney dip- place in food processor and add fresh salsa to taste. Pulse until you get a homogenized but thick consistency. Serve with chips.
- Roasted vegetable marinade- Mix chutney and vegetable and roast in oven.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and comment below! Take a picture and tag us @FusionCraftiness #FusionCraftiness on Instagram for a chance to be featured in our Insta Stories:)