An easy, basic hummus recipe that will be your new staple. A great appetizer or meal!
1 (15 oz) can chickpeas
1/2 cup tahini paste
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbs smoked paprika
juice from one lemon
water or liquid from chickpea can
parsley for garnish
smoked paprika for garnish
- Pour chickpeas into bowl and whisk vigorously to loosen skins.
- Peel the skins off the chickpeas as described above. Drain chickpeas, reserving one cup of liquid.
- Place chickpeas and next 6 ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until a smooth consistency is developed.
- Slowly add liquid or water until desired consistency is reached, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Garnish and serve with veggies or pita chips.