A cheese turnover with feta, ricotta, a handful of fresh herbs and scallions. This easy recipe uses the food processor and store-bought flaky biscuit dough to make a delicious Middle Eastern Fatayer.
“There is communion of more than our bodies when bread is broken and wine drunk.”– M.F.K. Fisher
After diving into the enchanted land of fatayers, a middle eastern turnover situation, I became smitten with this regional cuisine that includes flatbreads, olives, goat cheese, yogurt, sumac and lemons.
It is my hope that this simple cheese fatayer recipe, made easy due to some creative shortcuts, will entice you to dive in as well.
Check out the article on Spinach Fatayer for a list of optional sauces that would be great with Cheese Fatayer.
How to make cheese fatayer step-by-step.
More Middle Eastern Recipes
- Spinach Fatayer – A traditional Lebanese turnover with herbs and ricotta.
- Middle Eastern Kofta – Little, spicy meatloaves.
- Chicken Shawarma – A garlicky chicken wrap.
- Toum Sauce – A lebanese garlicky sauce for shawarmas, sandwiches and wraps.
- Muhammara Dip – A robust red pepper dip you can make in 5 minutes.
- Cilbur – A Turkish egg recipe.
- Aleppo Lamb and Potatoes – A great way to fry up some tasty lamb chops.
- Mana’eesh – A Middle Eastern flatbread.
- Moroccan Harira Soup – This wonderful soup will nourish your body and your spirit, a traditional Moroccan soup.
- Beef Fatayer – A Middle Eastern meat pie.
- Baharat – Lebanese 7-spice blend.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and comment below! Take a picture and tag us @FusionCraftiness #FusionCraftiness on Instagram for a chance to be featured in our Insta Stories:)