These crispy baked zucchini fries are elevated to another level with the addition of Indian spices and served with a spicy Curry Fry Sauce. If you like Indian pakora you will LOVE these baked curry zucchini fries! Plus ideas for zucchini recipes are included below.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Why I LOVE Zucchini Fries
I am always on the lookout for great zucchini recipes. If you have ever grown a zucchini plant in your garden then you know why.
The first year I grew zucchini, I planted two, at first. They were doing so well and luscious I planted two more. You may stop laughing now.
You can guess what happened next. Zucchini apocalypse. Not as cute as apricot apocalypse but very impressive. I needed zucchini recipes STAT!
Now that Spring is here I am indeed on the search for more zucchini recipes. I might plant one zucchini plant this year.
I adapted this recipe from my Indian Zucchini Pakora recipe. Check it out if you don’t know what Pakora is. Your tastebuds will thank you.
This zucchini recipe is simple. Cut the zucchini into fry shapes, coat, dip and dredge. Place on a rack on a baking sheet and bake. It only takes 20 minutes to bake zucchini fries. An easy, healthy zucchini recipe that is vegetarian and low carb. Simple.
I like to eat these with Curry Fry Sauce.
Baked Zucchini Fries Step by Step
Add your spices and breadcrumbs to a medium sized bowl.
Set up your dredging station with the egg wash, seasoned bread crumbs and flour.
Bake in the oven. You could also bake these in a toaster oven.
Zucchini Recipe Ideas
If you have every had even just one zucchini plant, then you know. You know that you need an arsenal of zucchini recipe ideas.
Below I collected my favorite zucchini hacks. A lot of these ideas are hacks from our favorite comfort foods. If you can just stretch your imagination a little, you can see that zucchini my be your best veggie friend in the Summer.
- Toss sliced zucchini into 1/4 inch slices, toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and fresh rosemary. Broil until golden brown, flip over and cook some more. Serve these by themselves or with a creamy ranch sauce.
- Shred zucchini and add them to baked goods such as brownies and quick breads. they add moisture and you can’t tell that there are zucchinis in there.
- Use a mandolin and slice the zucchini very thin, lightly salt, blot with paper towels, spray with cooking spray and bake on a rack in the oven to make zucchini chips.
- Make zucchini tots by mixing grated zucchini, egg, onion, cheese and breadcrumbs. Pour into a greased muffin tin and bake at 375 until cooked through.
- Use a julienne peeler to make zucchini noodles. Toss with your favorite marinara or alfredo sauce for a low carb Italian dinner.
- Make zucchini nachos by slicing, tossing with oil and salt and broiling until golden brown, turn over, sprinkle with cheddar cheese and cook the other side. Top with sour cream, salsa, black beans and cilantro.
- Make lasagna but instead of wide ribbon pasta, use zucchini that has been sliced lengthwise.
- Bake sliced zucchini until golden brown, then cover with marinara sauce and mozzarella, parmesan and basil.
- Bread, deep fry and serve with sour cream.
- Add to stew.
See?! Just a little imagination and you can easily dispatch that zucchini forest you have in your backyard. Onward friends. Make it a great week!
CONFUSED ABOUT THE DIFFERENT CHILI POWDERS? I’ve got the details in my article What is Chili Powder?
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and comment below! Take a picture and tag us @FusionCraftiness #FusionCraftiness on Instagram for a chance to be featured in our Insta Stories:)
Do you have any favorite zucchini recipes? Please share! All of us with more than one zucchini plant needs to know, soon, very soon.
- Because of the high water content, zucchini is low calorie and has no fat or cholesterol.
- One medium zucchini has 7 grams of carbohydrates, 2 grams of fiber and 2 grams of protein.
- It is rich in vitamins especially Vitamins C, K, B and folate.
- High in minerals, especially potassium and manganese.