I normally don’t get excited about sales like Black Friday or Cyber Monday. In fact, I actually avoid them. There is one sale I sometimes partake in.
On Amazon Prime Day (June 21-22) I will peruse the pricey kitchen items that are on my ever-changing wish list and see if I can snag one at a big discount. This year I will be checking out the food processors. I use mine all the time, even more than my blender. It is from the 1980’s and plastic parts keep chipping off of it. Some day I expect it to not be able to latch and turn on. What I love most about it is the size. It’s relatively small and fits perfectly in the cupboard above my fridge. I have a very small kitchen and I utilize every cupboard to its max. I don’t know if I can find one with similar dimensions but that’s what’s on my radar right now.
Tips for shopping Amazon Prime Day
- Amazon is going to show most of the best deals to Amazon Prime members. In the past you could see these deals even if you weren’t a member. My first tip it to sign up for the Amazon Free 30 Day Trial this weekend so that you can see the best deals.
- Other shopping outlets showcase big sales in order to compete with Amazon. My second tip is to also check out major stores like Walmart, Target and Best Buy if you are thinking about a big purchase.
- Amazon has an app. You can use this all year long but it is also very handy during Prime Days. My third tip, before Prime Day goes live is to go to the “Deals” section of the app. You will be able to view all upcoming deals. Click “Watch this deal” to receive an alert the moment it goes live. The app organizes all the deals you’re interested in, so pay attention to your phone notifications if you want to grab a deal before it’s gone.
- My fourth tip is, if you don’t need it, don’t buy it. I just wanted to throw that out there. You may get 50% off a flashy item but if you don’t need it, is it worth it? The item may end up in the donate box next year.
- My final tip. Don’t forget to shop the small business section. Amazon will give $10 credit when you spend $10 on their small business section. You can help support small businesses during this sale frenzy.
So if you have been on the fence about a pricey item this year, you may want to take a peek and see if you can snag a deal that’s more palatable for you. Good luck out there!