A super easy method to making whole wheat bread in two easy steps. This technique takes the work out of homemade yeast breads. Steaming hot, fresh bread can be yours everyday with this cheater method.
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 Tbs butter, softened
- 3 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp regular active dry yeast
- Add all of the ingredients to your bread machine pan in the order listed.
- Select your bread type and dough setting and close lid, press start.
- After the machine is done, this may take a few hours, dump out bread onto a baking sheet or into a loaf pan.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 375F for 30-45 minutes or until either a chopstick comes out clean, it sounds hollow when tapping the bottom or an instant read thermometer reads 190F.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve with butter, plain or with preserves.
- Serving Size: slice
- Calories: 136
- Sugar: 5 grams
- Sodium: 4978 mg
- Fat: 3 grams
- Saturated Fat: 1 gram
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 26 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Protein: 4 grams
- Cholesterol: 5 mg