2 ingredient taco meat, an easy 20 minute recipe. Whip up a big batch and learn seven ways to serve it or freeze some for later. The perfect weeknight solution for busy families.
- 3 oz of chorizo sausage for every pound of chicken.
- boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- In a large dutch oven pan, add chorizo and cook over medium heat, stir often.
- When chorizo is hot and bubbly, add chicken and mix well to coat evenly.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Uncover and cook until cook through, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cool, shred or chop into bite-sized pieces.
Use as the base for:
- Tacos, burritos, tostados.
- On greens in a bowl as a taco salad.
- Stuffed into a baked potato.
- Add plain yogurt or mayonnaise and enjoy as a chicken salad for sandwiches.
- Use as a filler for a spicy panini.
- As a topping for nachos.
- Dressed over french fries or tater tots for street cart fries.
Garnish with your favorite toppings such as sour cream, green onions, cilantro, avocado, guac, cotija cheese, black olives, salsa etc.
I used 9 oz tube of chorizo with 3.5 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken thighs which made about 12-14 servings.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 319
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 318 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 24 g
- Cholesterol: 113 mg