2 ingredient taco meat, an easy 20 minute recipe on the stovetop or toss the ingredients into a crockpot. Whip up a big batch and learn seven ways to serve it or freeze some for later. The perfect weeknight solution for busy families.
It feels weird to post a recipe with just two ingredients but this has been one of my all-time favorite go-to recipes for busy weeks. I realized maybe you didn’t know about this little life hack. I’m talking about chorizo.
Mexican chorizo sausage is a ground meat mixed with smoky spices, oil and hot peppers. I always find it in a plastic tube instead of a casing. It is added to other ingredients and is never an entree in itself. It is used more as a seasoning than a sausage.
Chorizo is great in scrambled eggs for breakfast tacos and added to beans in a crockpot for Mexican beans. You can add it to chopped steak for a beefy version. It’s perfectly seasoned so you don’t need to add anything else. That sounds like a weeknight meal to me. Just heat the chorizo until it’s hot and bubbly then add your meat or beans and cook until done.
2 Ingredient Taco Meat
That’s it! Chicken and chorizo is perfectly seasoned and no other additions are needed. You can also just call this a short-cut easy version of Chicken Tinga, which is chicken cooked in tomatoes, onions and chipotle peppers.
Chorizo makes weeknight meals easy. This easy taco meat recipe is my go-to recipe for busy weeks. It’s also a plan where I don’t need a shopping list. With just two ingredients, I think I can handle this. Chicken tacos are simple to make but very robust with all of the spices and toppings.
7 Ways to Serve Chicken and Chorizo Taco Meat
This chicken taco meat recipe is not just for tacos. Enjoy these weeknight meal ideas. Do you have a favorite method for serving taco meat?
- Tacos, burritos, tostados.
- On greens in a bowl as a Chicken Tinga Salad.
- Stuffed into a Chicken Tinga loaded baked potato.
- Add plain yogurt or mayonnaise and enjoy as a chicken salad for sandwiches.
- Use as a filler for a spicy panini.
- As a topping for nachos.
- Dressed over french fries or tater tots for street cart fries.
Serve with Your Favorite Toppings:
- Creamy Jalapeno and Avocado Salsa
- For a sweet twist, Apricot Salsa
- Scallions and cilantro
- Cotija cheese
- Sour cream or Mexican crema
- Roasted Jalapeno Salsa for a hot kick
- Diced tomatoes or avocado slices
- Fresh lime juice
- Add black beans to the chicken and chorizo, a great way to increase the nutrition of this meal and you can stretch this meal if you have some surprise dinner guests.
The toppings are where you can really customize your taco meat. This is also perfect for feeding a large group of people with different meal preferences. Do you have picky eaters? No problem, your discerning family members can choose their own toppings.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and comment below! Take a picture and tag us @FusionCraftiness #FusionCraftiness on Instagram for a chance to be featured in our Insta Stories:)