A super easy and fast way to eat a healthy breakfast, everyday. Cooking steel-cut oatmeal in the slow cooker makes enough to last all week. Just add your favorite fixins. We use coconut, brown sugar and almonds. Just re-heat in microwave, add garnishes and enjoy a healthy breakfast in a hurry!
While traveling recently, I was gifted with this healthy and super tasty breakfast. The coconut and almonds really made this meal and the brown sugar made it sweetly perfect.
I was excited to learn how easy it was to make this and keep in the fridge. Eating well in the morning is not easy. Starting off with coffee, I usually get sweetly distracted until it’s time to go. I rarely have time to eat anything healthy or tasty so I settle on toast. Toast is my favorite go-to but it’s not filling so I end up eating a second breakfast later. Not a good plan.
While visiting family in Tacoma, we had this for breakfast. It’s perfect. I love it and they do too! They keep this in the fridge always, and now I do too! Thank you Jason and Rebecca:)
A slow cooker oatmeal recipe that will last you all week. An easy, tasty oatmeal with brown sugar, coconut and almonds.
- 2 cups steel cut oats
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- sweetened coconut to taste
- brown sugar to taste
- sliced or slivered almonds, toasted is optional
- Place first 3 ingredients in a slow cooker, cook on low 2 1/2 hours.
- Store oatmeal in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week, serve as desired.
- When serving, heat in microwave, add brown sugar, coconut and almonds.