Torn crusty bread dipped into a gooey, cheesy baked egg dish with garlic infused yogurt is what it’s all about. Cilbir has been endowed to my regular rotation of good eats, well deserved my Turkish delight! An easy recipe that will delight you and your family and wow your friends.
The ingredients are simple and chances are you have everything in your fridge already. I used Gruyere but any meltable cheese will do. We usually have crusty bread around, we eat it so often, especially during soup season, which is like… now.
Essentially you sauté onions in butter until soft, layer ingredients, pop in oven for 10 minutes, make garlic-infused yogurt while dish is baking and voila!
I just let the pictures tell the story.
- 8 eggs
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup diced onion
- 8Tbs grated cheese
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Optional Garnish:
- green onions sliced
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Saute onions in butter until soft, not brown.
- Line 4 ramekins with onions.
- Place two raw eggs in each ramekin.
- Top with cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes depending on how set you want your yolks.
- Meanwhile heat yogurt and garlic in small sauce pan until hot, not boiling. If it begins to separate remove from heat and whisk briskly.
- Remove ramekins from oven, garnish with yogurt and optional garnishes.
- Enjoy with crusty bread!
- Warning: Consuming raw or undercooked eggs may increase your risk of food borne illnesses, especially if you have certain medical conditions.