This easy and healthy smoothie is delightful to the eyes and the palate. Packed with vitamins and antioxidants, this smoothie is a great addition to any diet. Beets, kale, yogurt, chia seeds and pineapple juice power this super smoothie.
A simple and yummy way to get your dose of power foods. I love healthy smoothies, they can be a meal replacement if you add protein powder or almonds. They are also an easy complement to your meal. Whipping up a great tasting smoothie is easy, just remember to sweeten it somehow.
To sweeten mine, I usually use an apple, apple juice or pineapple juice. With this recipe, it sweetens up really nice with beets and pineapple juice. Chia seeds, kale and yogurt round out this powerful bevy. I used cooked, chopped, frozen beets from my garden but you could use fresh cooked beets or canned beets too. If you need a refresher on how to freeze your garden harvest, check out this article.
- 12 oz pineapple juice
- 1 Tbs chia seeds
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 cup of cooked beets that are frozen
- 3 large curly kale leaves
- Ice is optional
- In your favorite smoothie-making device ( I use a high speed blender), place first four ingredients in and blend at high speed for about 10 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend on high for another 20-30 seconds.
- Optional, serve over ice, enjoy!