A quick and classic French side with Greek influence. A healthy and tasty clean recipe with mushrooms, tomatoes and herbs.
2 Tbs fresh oregano
1 bay leaf
1.5 cups chopped tomatoes (can use canned)
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 large shallot, diced
1 garlic clove diced
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 red onion sliced thin
6 cups of mushrooms quartered or halved, I used baby portabellas
- Place all ingredients except mushrooms in a medium sauce pan.
- Bring to simmer over medium heat and cook for 5 minutes covered.
- Add mushrooms, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Uncover, stir, cook 8-10 minutes more.
- Optional garnish: chopped fresh herbs