A fresh, healthy robust sauce that can be used on fish, meat, veggies, eggs, tacos etc. Roasted red peppers, red onion, fresh herbs, garlic, vinegar, olive oil makes the perfect condiment for your next meal.
Mr. Craftiness is smitten with this dish, he made it a point to tell me three times. I got the hint darling (make this again please!)
This was my first experience making Chimichurri, super easy and a great marinade. Fresh herbs and peppers really make a difference and I encourage y’all to try this if you haven’t already. This is a great marinade for any meat and I used this on some cod I found at the store. This turned out so well that it is now my go-to marinade for cod. Complete the meal by serving with Puerto Rican Rice. Have you tried this on other meats? Let me know how it turned out.
The food processor is your friend.
I don’t have a roasting pan so I line my cookie sheet with foil and put racks on top.
Warning! This might turn out to be your favorite fish dish too!
A tasty and easy recipe for cod.
- 2 lb Cod fish
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs garlic
- 2 hot chiles, seeded
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbs fresh oregano
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Place all ingredients into food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Rinse fish and put in large bowl, cover with marinade, rest in fridge at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Place oven rack at highest point so the rack is 4-6 inches below burner.
- Arrange fish on rack in roasting pan or cookie sheet with rack, cover with any remaining marinade.
- Broil fish 4-5 minutes on one side and 1-3 minutes on the other until fish is opaque but not overcooked.